Friday, May 7, 2010

The Remote

As many may know from the Walking With The Dinosaur post, we've been losing things lately. Well, a couple days after that incident we lost the remote for the main TV. CAB and I just have no clue who or what is behind these disappearances. I have been speculating Bella lately, mainly because she's the only one that can't talk. I've even had the kids looking for it as their picking up~ all the while singing to the tune "Oh where, Oh where could our remote be".
After a couple of days without a remote we finally gave in and called the company to send us another remote~ which of course cost more than a remote should cost. After ONLY watching movies(usually CAB's movie preferences-blah) on that tv for a while, I was so ecstatic when our new remote arrived! I spent all night trying to find batteries for it, programing it to the tv and volume. I was so proud of myself when I was able to program it to the VCR/DVD too, which we didn't even have on our old remote!;) Small accomplishments make me happy, if you haven't noticed.
Last night I settled down on the couch after putting the kids to bed, ready to use my new remote to watch all my DVR shows I've missed out on. I'm expecting K~girl to come down with her nightly ritual "I need a big hug and kiss" routine, just so she can stay up a second longer just to see what we're watching. Sure enough she comes down for a big hug and kiss, and before heading back up the stairs she notices the new remote. "That remote has new buttons, it's different than the other one, like the one that I put in your room so my friends wouldn't break it." It took me a moment to understand what she was saying. I ask "Ummm, you put a remote in our room?"
"Yeah, I didn't want my friends to break it" saying with a proud smile on her face, like a mother hen protecting her egg. She lead me to our closet, and after routing through a pile of sweaters, she pulls out the missing remote...
Of course I had to ask, "So did you do the same with the Walking With the Dinosaur Tickets?"
"No. Maybe they're in the laundry" she was guessing.
Still no tickets, maybe we'll find them another day!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment