Saturday, May 8, 2010

my Mommy, my "MOTHER", my Mom

as a little girl,
My Mommy had all the answers.
I laughed at her goofiness.
I would try to dress like her.
I loved spending time with her.
Shared silly conversations with her.

as a teenager,
I thought I knew it all, and my MOTHER had no clue.
I was annoyed with her goofiness.
I tried to do everything opposite of her.
I hated sharing a bathroom with her.
Our conversations ended with an eye roll.

as a Mommy,
I realized I knew nothing. My Mom must know something.
I adore her goofiness.
I call her to see what she would do.
Each moment spent with her is still not enough.
Can call her with one question and get lost in an hour long conversation.
Mom, through all these stages, one thing has never changed, you have always been my backbone~ Even when I didn't always show it. Thank you for being an amazing strength in my life.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!!!
To the many other Mom's throughout my life who have added to this strength...Thank you!!!
Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment