A long time ago, nearly 2o years now, I took piano lessons~ for 6months:o)
Just because I don't really know how to play, I don't sound half bad (don't ask CAB because he'll just be rude;o) I can't read music and the only type of music I can play are the ones with the letters on the notes... Anyone who can read music must be a genius... I think reading music is like learning a new language. I couldn't ever wrap my mind around foreign languages, so I know I couldn't ever get all the music terms, notes, what 3/4 stands for, and Am???:o)
The only song book we have with letters on the notes is a Christmas edition. With summer around the corner, luckily it has one song that isn't too Christmassy~ "My Favorite Things" from "The Sound of Music".
Daddy has to write the letters on the keyboard with dry erase markers. Very clever for teaching the kids to play...and Daddy too!!!
Since "My Favorite Things" is all we can play, you can imagine it's affect on the kids. If you're ever out with us and the kids break into song, now you know why...
Take 2...
Take 3...
I'm thinking American Idol...how about you???
No comments:
Post a Comment