Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend- all stitched up!

A PICNIC!!!
Each month a group of us "Mommy's" get together for a playgroup. This time we had it at our place.


While the kids enjoyed the surprises in their sack lunch, us girls enjoyed our special treats awaiting inside!!!

I let K~girl loose with the camera to capture images that can only be captured by another child...This is just one of the many interesting photos I came across.


After the Picnic...

So I've been anticipating this moment~ready to blog about a weekend with beautiful weather, a time shared with family and friends, and about the kids first baseball game~Most of that I can still share about, but the baseball game never happened....Instead we went to the emergency room...for me. As I am sitting here with my leg propped up on 3 pillows and 20stitches on the outside and I don't know how many on the inside, I must say, I am sooooooo VERY Thankful it was not the kids....Also I am very fortunate that it is not worse than it first seemed. A full length mirror had been sitting in the garage for nearly a year, never hung like we originally planned for it, now just a hazard waiting for it's victim. That day in the garage, Daddy was making a rope out of weeds, K~girl was riding her bike, A~boy was showing off his new "cool cut", and I was sweeping his hair out of the garage, this is when I became that mirror's victim. It suddenly came crashing down and I thought I made it out of the way with just a little scratch, I look down and then came the scream...By the grace of God, CAB was there with his extensive first aid training and our neighbor's daughter, who is a PA, just happened to be visiting her parents. I showed up to the ER with the best wrap they have probably ever seen!!! Another blessing is we have a lot of good people around us to stay with the kids while I was getting fixed up. Thank you Colleen & Tom, and Nana Val for dropping everything to be with them. And Nina and Papa you would have been called too if your son could remember your cell numbers:o) Also to Aunt Corie and Uncle Micheal who took K~girl last night and now has both of them tonight, while Daddy works and I try to let me leg heal.

My most biggest KISS goes to CAB~ There are not enough words to describe my husband, he keeps amazing me, taking care of me and the kids, and I also found he can carry me for great distances!!!:o)

I was determined not to have any photos to remind me of my mishap, but Nina was very persistent to capture this moment for the blog. So here it is!
~~~~~~~~~
It was a rough start to the weekend, but it was not ruined. We celebrated Granddad's birthday with the family and had another wonderful picnic in beautiful weather!!! Here's what K~girl sees when she looks up at Papa Harley.


She also took this wonderful picture of Nina and A~boy!

And my little artsy girl loves taking still shots!


~~~~~~~~
As I am writing this on Memorial Day, I must admit I've been frustrated not being able to walk, to do daily chores, tasks, to help the kids, but I am also very humbled by all those who have sacrificed their lives for my freedom. Who have more extreme deep tissue wounds, lost limbs, burned bodies, who may never get a chance to be there for their children. An extra big THANK YOU to all the Veteran's, my husband, and to my brother who is now part of God's army.

No comments:

Post a Comment