Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Stork Was Here...

Well, for at least 11 days;)
    Our very close friends decided we were fit enough to watch their 2 year and 6 month old while they took their 10 year wedding anniversary to Ireland!  After a momment of disappointment for not being able to join them, and another moment to consider what it was going to be like with babies again, we couldn't resist such an honorary request.
      This was such a special opportunity for us to really get to know these two little blessings... One would think that a 2 year and 6 month old would be difficult ages to watch, but these babies were super easy for us. Of course CAB and I attributes that to the almost identical personalities they share with our two older babies. L-Bear acts just as laid back as A-boy was when he was that age, and Sis is just as shy, helpful, and detailed oriented as our K-girl.
    We had many special moments with these two snuggle beans. Sis even taught our kiddos how to fold laundry:) We really miss them.... I must admit, when I found their bath towels still hanging in the shower I started to feel a little moisture build up in my eyes. However, going through bad weather with your own kids is one thing, but going through a storm with someone else's children puts all kinds of pressure on you.
    We are so thankful that our friends had enough faith in us to intrust us with their two precious little bundles, while they got to celebrate their beautifully blessed  marriage.
:)

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about those towels! You did a super terrific job with the babies and Mama & Daddy were able to enjoy their trip because they knew you would be awesome. Sis and Mom played hide and seek today and Sis asked where A-boy was. I think she misses you guys, too.

    ReplyDelete