But not this year!
Ever since my brother's death I've always been extra emotional on my birthday. Memories of Jarrett will just flood my mind. I never really knew why its this month and not any other time of the year. After looking out my window the morning of my birthday and seeing his truck greet me first thing, I think I finally realize why I connect my birthday with him....Are you ready for my revelation??????:) Growing up, our rooms were in the basement, just right next to each other. He was the first person I would see each morning. And, he was always so good about wishing me a "Happy Birthday" first thing~ usually even before I realized it was my birthday. It was always said so sincerely with a huge smirk across his face. So, what a gift it was to look out the window and to see his truck, when it normally wouldn't be there. This year I could only smile, and laugh! I finally get it...and if its not connected in that way, I'm sure there is a bigger connection that I have yet to see. It made my day, either way.
These beautiful flowers also greeted me that morning.... along with a delicious breakfast made by my extraordinary hubby. How lucky I am to have him, he knows how to make a girl feel so special!!!
Later that day K~girl had a carnival at her school for the book fair. Nothing better than some books and cotton candy.
We concluded the weekend at Nina and Papa Harley's. Papa made my favorite dish, Beef Strogonoff. Its the bomb!!!
Followed with, a hilarious game of Cranium and Rate Your Mate. There were some photos that were just too naughty to post.
This was such a special weekend for me. However, it was not for many, especially for those in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by the earthquake, tsunami, and the aftermath of devastation that continues to plague that region.
God I know through everything you have good that follows, yet it so so hard to see amongst all the smoke... We trust in you and your will for all of us. Amen...
No comments:
Post a Comment