Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My First Little Sunshine is Turning 5 Today...

This is a bittersweet post....As I am so proud of my little girl for being our bright and beautiful angel, I have to wonder where all the time has gone?!? From the moment we brought her home, with all the crying and anxiety~on Mommy and Daddy's part. We had not a clue of what to do with this little life. I wondered how I would get her through each little stage of her existence~rolling over, crawling, walking, potty training, learning her colors, counting, reading, etc.... In the mist of worrying about all those small things, my little one is now a Lord loving, little lady. Along with her latest jokes, she tells us her most intimate thoughts that can only be seen through a 5 year olds pure perception. She is passionate and curios in the little details of life, and has so much compassion for all living things(including flies:). She is constantly amazing us... bringing so much joy and laughter into our lives. I cherish the many hugs she has bestowed upon us all these five years, from the first time she wrapped her little hand around my finger to now her delicate fingers wrapping my neck, followed with the most precious words to come out of a child's mouth~ I Love You, Mommy.

I Love you, my little girl...from the moment you where in the cocoon, to a squishy and giggly little caterpillar, and now the most colorful, carefree, butterfly you are today.
Happy 5th Birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! She is a pretty little lady! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful butterfly she has grown to be! (Mama told me to say that)

    ReplyDelete