This morning the kids were fighting over a toy, nothing new. K~girl will always play with something, put it down knowing A~boy will pick it up when she's done. Next, she will throw a fit when she sees him playing with that same toy. I'm sure this is a common battle for most families with siblings...Today I thought I would handle it differently this time. I called K~girl up and told her I had a secret for her. She was all excited and sat down next me and I whispered "You know when I want something Daddy has I will act like I don't want it, so he will put it down knowing I don't want it. Soon A____ will put the toy down when he knows you don't want it."
So she hurries in a gallop downstairs and says "Mommy told me when she wants something she doesn't want it, and I don't want your toy." There was a pause and I proudly thought to myself, yep I handled that one well. After a few seconds, K~girl's voice interjects and says "Okay A____, I don't want it, so give it to me now!"
Gotta love the honesty!!!
So she hurries in a gallop downstairs and says "Mommy told me when she wants something she doesn't want it, and I don't want your toy." There was a pause and I proudly thought to myself, yep I handled that one well. After a few seconds, K~girl's voice interjects and says "Okay A____, I don't want it, so give it to me now!"
Gotta love the honesty!!!
I love my kids! Can't wait for Baby Girl S to have a sibling. No, that's not a hint.
ReplyDelete