Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Date Night!!!

On Friday, CAB and I were blessed to get out and have a wonderful evening to ourselves. We started out at a restaurant enjoying Hummus and Chi Tea. After a nice appetizer, we spread our wings and guided through the city on our roller blades. Just as we did 9years ago on our first date!!!

Here we were starting out on a new bridge that wasn't here 9 years ago...

Took in the sites of the city...

The bridge below is where CAB purposed to me;) I still remember the lights glowing in the mist... It was so beautiful...

So as we were taking a roll down memory lane,

we noticed another thing that wasn't there 9 years ago- RAMPS, near the water... If you don't know, ramps can make a person on roller blades go super fast... I realized early on (but never did admit it since this escapade was my idea) that this may be out of our league now. Especially since we aren't as young and agile as we were 9 years ago;o) So as I'm thinking this, watching my husband guiding quickly down a ramp, I noticed his feet starting to do a shuffle. I moved over to the opposite side knowing that this isn't going to be good...As I'm passing him, doing a flip in midair, I couldn't see how or where he was going to land. I just hear a huge smack and hear him telling me to keep going. I couldn't even stop, since there was no patch of grass around. I had to keep going until the momentum slowed down, all the while hearing groaning behind me. Luckily he did not land in the water (he probably would of had to be quarantined if so), and he did not smack his face in the cement which I figured the next option would have been!

At the end of the day, CAB credits the minor scrapes and bruises to his extensive training from work...I'm saying God was in on this one...No amount of training could have prepared him for what my eyes saw:0!
So lessons learned~ we will stick to the straight paths. No more ramps for us.
And next time, we will be sure to only take a walk down memory lane;o)
Our Night Was Not Over YET.

Next stop, the Drive-In movies!!!

While we were out on our date, I'm sure the kids didn't even give us a thought...As they were having too much fun with Nana Val & Papa B and the horses!


Brushing Gus with Nana Val


Feeding Gus Carrots



Papa and kids going to feed horses.

Feeding the baby.

Nan, A~boy and Gus


Nan, K~girl and Gus



I just love this picture!!!



What a fun day with the horses... Time for some ice cream!!!

We even had tears as we were leaving- K~girl didn't want to go...After seeing these pictures, I can see why!

1 comment: