Sunday, July 24, 2011

Inside My Mind

Before I share with you a piece of my mind (how lucky you all are:) I need to give you the back story.
After the Joplin tornado, our church invited the No Boundaries International, missionary team to provid a class on Basic Disaster Relief. Yesterday CAB and I attended this amazing, eye opening class. The president of the organization was there with many of their volunteers, they were mainly nurses and therapist, but were telling us we don't have to be a nurse to do this. If you are a Mom you already are pre-equipped, and we can get more first aide and CPR training at the red cross. Anyone can do it! They ended with, how do you help the world? The same way you eat an elephant. One bite at a time! It really made us want to step out of our comfort zones, and do more~ needless to say, we were really pumped afterwards.

So now we go INSIDE MY MIND:
We get home and I asked CAB what he thought, because I couldn't wait to tell him what I thought!!! Well he was just as pumped as I was, and I thought to say maybe we should go sign up with the Red Cross for some training. But instead, I said "It really makes me want to be a nurse." Maybe then it will be easier to do more to help others. And then, how I could use it with my mediation and do even more good. After thinking on the possibilities of that, next my mind wondered to how much money I could make with my mediation and nursing....Further more, how that will be able to help support the family~ to of course justify my thoughts going directly to money:) So these thoughts took me all the way into the night. The last thing I remember thinking before my mind finally shut down was, "I will go to nursing school next fall. I can still substitute teach and do meditations to help pay for nursing school. Then I thought, I can go straight into the hospitals, because they pay really well there. What could I do with that money??? We could pay off the house, do an add on to finally get my bigger dinning room, maybe possibly doing the "BIG" add-on so I can get a bigger bedroom, and yay, that extra bath with a big whirlpool. Oh, and get a washer and dryer on the main level! After that I will make enough money to do whatever we want...and also help people.

GOD Inside My Mind:
I wake up this morning feeling really tired and the first thought that came to my mind, you are good as you are. Hmm, why did I just think that. And then another thought came through, hold your thoughts captive. Wow, what is that all about? Then I remember something similar in the Bible, which, evidently, I didn't glance at last night:) Paul's Defense of Ministry in 2 Corinthians 10:1-5 "By meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you- I, Paul, who "timid" when face to face with you, but "bold" when away! I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think we live by the standards of the world. On contray, they have divine power to demolish the stronghold. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
Wow, how he nourishes me when I am weak in flesh.

If you made it this far you must be wondering why I would share all this, at least I am:) My words, our life, shared on this blog is going into a book for the kids to have when they are older. I want them to remember that they, too, "are good as they are"! We think in this world to be something important, it needs to be down on paper, you need to make a lot of money at it, have all the "things" to show your worth to yourself and to others." I struggle with this, but I am reminded to "hold my thoughts captive". In the end its all about our eternity with Christ Jesus, and how we are to share the love of Christ with others. And God, therefore, will give me the tools to do HIS work in HIS time.~~~ Until then, I guess we can eat an Elephant, one bite at a time. Maybe you'll be seeing us down at the Red Cross:o)

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing your heart. i love hearing how God works in others' lives. it blesses me.

    ReplyDelete