I can't even begin to describe the day, because I am seriously still tearing up, even at 10pm~ 6 hours after bringing her home, safely, from school. But I'll give it my best...
Here's the little school girl waking up on her first day of kindergarten.
After a heaping helping of pancakes, Nina and Poppy stopped by to see her off.
Poppy came baring recess cups! What a way to start the day:)
Nina came baring a beautiful necklace for K~girl,
a memory book for me, to never forget this day~ which will be a good way to keep these tears flowing:)
and a new Dino book to keep A~boy busy while Sis is away.
We stopped for a quick photo shoot...
and off we go!
And the tears began...
She was so excited!!! And even made a new friend.
Or, as K~girl stated when I picked her up today, "They are all my friends!":p
While K~girl was learning how to be a kindergartner, A~boy stayed busy reading his new dinosaur book...
and talking more than ever:) I guess he feels he can say more when his big Sis isn't around. But we could tell he was missing her when he was trying to use Bella as his back up excavator in the sandbox.
~~~~~
As this milestone is filled with an abundance of mixed emotions, we are so very proud of our little girl and the beauty she has to offer this world, that I am so reluctant to send her out in...at least not yet. But I trust in my Father above who will find ways to use her sweet smile, her sincere heart, and her love of Jesus to be a light to many~ which she so shines upon us.
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14
No comments:
Post a Comment